Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Krasley's Christmas, Manheim PA December 22

I'm sitting here in my hotel room in Manheim, PA after the penultimate concert of the tour (that means "next to last, Darrel and Jason! haha!)  I'm filled with mixed emotions. 
First of all, let me thank Don and Tammy Krasley and their family for another great night on the tour. Don actually spent the day building a stage for me to perform on, and, in spite of the cold, we had a great turnout.  He even had folks from a radio station (I-105) there with their van and they gave out tee-shirts to everyone who donated to the Ronald McDonald House. The folks from RMH were there, too.  Lots of people listened from their cars but there were lots out on the lawn dancing and singing along as well.  Don's display has the tallest mega-tree I've seen on the tour, and his display, which is all lights and no figures, is gorgeous. Unfortunately, the only photo I got of it is blurry, but I think it looks kinda cool that way:

It was another cold night, as I expected it would be, and once again my fingers were frozen by the time I signed autographs, but at least there was no precipitation.  I want to make special notice of young Carson, who got up to sing "Frosty" and blanked on the words, but kept going nonetheless with the help of the audience.  He was darling!
But you know what? My favorite time of this evening was the little while I spent with the family inside the house after the show.  The Krasley's have been together 33 years, and in their wedding photo they look like kids.  For that matter, they still look like kids!   Don's mother was there, a beautiful and vibrant lady who stayed out in the cold for the entire concert.  Their daughter was also there, and she gave me a beautiful handmade ornament. She's the mother of the aforementioned adorable redhead, Carson, and his equally adorable little sister, Lauren. There was just a special feeling to this household; and the feeling was love in the air.  I heard during Don's program (for the uninitiated, most decorators have about a 30 minute radio program they broadcast on a low frequency station with music and synchronized lights, and in between they may have some voiceovers) he'd had Kevin Dunn, "The Demented Elf," do a voiceover in honor of Tammy, saying how he couldn't do it without her. It was really beautiful.  Now I have to ask you a favor.... if you are reading this I want you to please hold this family up in your prayers. They are facing a health crisis, and without going into detail I just want to say that they need God's help.  They are a beautiful, loving family and I came to truly care for them in just the short time that I have communicated with Don and through meeting them in person tonight.  I was just so touched by the love they so clearly have for each other and the beautiful family they have created.  I ask you sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, because I believe in the power of prayer and the miracles that can result from it, to please hold them up to God when you talk with Him. Thank you.

So, as I sit here reflecting upon the last month I am grateful for all of the adventures I've had, for the wonderful and amazing people I have met, and for all of the really great encouragement from my friends and family.  I have had more tired moments than I've let on, and more frustrating and anxious moments than I've let on, and in the midst of all of this I've been trying to keep up with what's going on with my own mother up in Maine, who is suffering from congestive heart failure and has been in and out of the hospital and rehab centers since the spring.    But I've tried my hardest to keep up a positive attitude and make every concert a memorable one for each family who has been kind enough to host me. 
As I've said before, I don't have a lot of money or a big publicity machine or a record label behind me.  Every fan I've got means the world to me, and this concert tour has given me the chance to get out there in person and try to win people over to my music.  It's not an easy thing at my age, but what would I do if I didn't do this? I still have that dream that "The House on Christmas Street" will be making people smile and sing along long after I am gone.  Even if it never gets on the radio much, I think what I have learned from this Christmas tour is that it's getting almost as good exposure by getting played at a jillion homes around the world several times every night!  And who else can say that?  It really is the most famous Christmas song you don't hear on the radio!  ( however, if you are reading this and you have ANY ties with corporate radio...cause they're pretty much all owned by four or five big companies, I would appreciate any help you could offer there cause I still can't figure out how to get them to play it)

Tomorrow night after the concert in Nazareth, PA I'm  going to drive straight home to the arms of my husband and daughters in NH, and you may not hear from me for a few days as I focus on them for Christmas.  But please know that, if you've been reading this blog, if you've been keeping up with me on Facebook, if you've been to any of the concerts....I am eternally indebted to you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making another tour happen for me, and helping me get closer to making my dream come true.

HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment