Sunday, December 2, 2012

THE BIG LONG DRIVE 11-27

I'm here in my hotel room in Carson City, Nevada, where it is pouring rain and windy.  This is the halfway point between Palm Springs and Fruitland, ID where I have my next show. The ride to get here was really horrible. After I left Palm Springs I went over to Anaheim and met my fellow children's musician and pianist and entertainer extraordinaire, Jamie Shaheen, at Downtown Disney.  I didn't shop; that's not in the tour budget!  But it was fun to be there and to catch up with Jamie, and she treated me to a GREAT lunch at Storytellers.  Thank you, Jamie!

But when I last left off here I'd visited the Stand By Me locations and that evening I had a really fun show at the Lebanon Public Library.  It's just a gorgeous library and the Library Director, Carol Dinges, was very gracious and lovely.  Lots of people came, and I recognized folks who had been at the show at Paul Aziz's house the night before. I think it is safe to say a good time was had by all...especially me!

The next day is the day I have had marked in my date book as "BIG LONG DRIVE."  I started out at 7:30am in Albany, OR (where my hotel was) and drove all the way to Beamont, CA...a 15 hour drive.  With stops along the way I made it to Beaumont before 11:30, so my Garmin, Sidney, was right on the mark!  Sidney is my Australian Garmin friend and my constant companion on the road. I just love to hear him say "Recalculating" over and over in his "put another shrimp on the barbie" accent!

The BIG LONG DRIVE was beautiful.  Here are some photos:

I stopped halfway on the drive to find Pancoast Pizza, which Emma had found a few weeks ago online.  It was really fun to meet a Pancoast "cousin" and eat his delicious pizza!  If you are ever in the Walnut Creek, CA area, please stop in.  You'll see what I mean!












Mt. Shasta .  I stopped to take this.
don't worry, I'm very careful when I do this. There are no other cars around. But isn't that cool?

last mile of Oregon                 
 

                                                                    

I stopped to take this one.      










No comments:

Post a Comment