Monday, December 4, 2017

Monday, December 4th, Tour Stop #4

Out here in the middle.....

the weather is very weird tonight!  It was 64 degrees and the wind was blowing like a sonofagun during my concert at the Dicken residence in Hudson, IL tonight. Still, a hearty crowd braved the wind and I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all. I know I had a terrific time!  This was my third time performing at Bobby Dicken's display...the other two times he had a stage set up but this time the wind was blowing so hard that he dispensed with the stage and set me up in the garage!  The concert raised money for the Children's Home and Aid Society and Bobby just texted me to let me know that we raised about $200 in spite of the fact that it was a far smaller crowd because of the weather. So YAY!!!  Thanks to all who attended. I really did have a blast and it was a real treat to see how much fun the kids were having, especially when they started dancing with Santa Claus.

A really cool thing that happened was that a couple that got engaged during my 2012 concert dropped by tonight with their newborn!  Their first baby is a boy named Benjamin who is two months old. It was really great to see them again and meet the little doll-face!

Just like at the first tour stop in Lititz last Thursday night, almost as soon as I stopped singing the heavens opened up and the rain came pouring down. It was kind of miraculous that the rain held off on two different occasions!

My days of short driving times are over for now. Tomorrow I will begin a two day journey to Casper, WY.  I'll go as far as Kearney, NE tomorrow...that's about a nine hour drive...but staying in the Central Time zone.  Then the next day I'll have a seven hour drive but I'll go back in time another hour so I won't be too stressed out trying to get there for the 7pm show. The following day I'll log 9 1/2 hours going to Boise, ID and the day after that it's 71/2 hours to Woodinville, WA.  Time to hit the hay and rest up for the coming days.

I just want to say "thanks" once again to the Dicken family for hosting me for the third time. It was really great to see you all again!  Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment