Friday, December 8, 2017

Friday, Dec. 8th Tour Stop #7: Woodinville Wonderland, Woodinville, WA

The Orca II and I made it over some curvy, windy roads today to get to Mark and Tracy Zembruski's house, but it was no problem because I knew at the end of the road there was a magnificent display and a couple of completely wonderful people waiting for me!  Mark and Tracy are truly friends now...and it's all because of The House on Christmas Street.  This was my third visit to their house, and I think it was the best one yet.  Mark actually got up to sing "Frosty the Snowman!"  He had a great group of friends there to help out tonight, and I especially want to thank Brian, who unloaded everything from my van and got my speakers up on the poles for me and then took it all down after the show and loaded it up.  I'm very, very grateful.  It was such a joy to look out at all the happy people and the kids dancing and singing.  This year I added a few sing-along tunes- Christmas songs that everybody knows- toward the end of the concert and I was thinking tonight what a good decision that was because people are really getting into it.  Young and old they are singing their hearts out and it's so much fun!

When I drove up to the house there were a lot of people out their walking around, marveling at the display.  I couldn't believe it but it was actually bigger than the last time I was there. Mark has added a TRAIN!  And it's all so beautifully put together and bright and happy and you just know that it's a wonderful tradition for families to come and see it every year.  It's almost like having Disneyland in the neighborhood! Truly MIND BLOWING!  And Mark's is still the only house I've ever seen with not only Santa  up on the roof, but Santa AND Mrs. Claus on MOTORCYCLES up on the roof!

Mark is friends with a lot of other decorators all over the country and several were at the show tonight.  Everybody loves him because he's such a nice guy and always willing to help others.  I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow named Christopher who is just getting into the decorating hobby and his wife was with him and she talked about how she's been a fan of "The House on Christmas Street" for a long time.  I had seen her singing along while I was singing it.  You know, when people tell me that it really means a lot to me. I don't take it for granted.  I've been writing songs since I was 12 years old and I feel so blessed to have been given a song that has touched the lives of so many people all over the world.  It still isn't played on many radio stations, and I'm not getting rich from it, but I am rich in spirit because of all the wonderful experiences and people that song has given me.  I'm a very, very lucky person, and I owe so much to the decorators who have given the song such a wonderful life with their displays.

Tracy fed me a nice hot dinner before the show (Thank you, Tracy!) and introduced me to their new doggy, Yogi, who is just the sweetest little thing!  And then, after the show, I drove to the hotel and when I walked through the door to my room there were Christmas lights strung around the TV and a gift bag from the hotel staff.  What a surprise!

I had a hot shower and even though I had thoughts of hitting the exercise room I'm just too doggone tired.  I don't remember ever being this tired this early in the tour before. I must be getting old. When I think about it, I did the very first tour seven years ago when I was only 51.  Now I can see 60 on the horizon....but I can't think about giving this up. It's too much fun!  I do find that this time around I am also missing my husband and our pets more than I usually have in the past. I mean, it's not like I haven't missed him before, but this time I find that I am feeling it more intensely.  I don't really wish I were there....I just wish they were all here with me. I think it's time to get a camper and do this all together next time!

And on that happy thought I'm going to sign off and get some sleep.  Tomorrow's drive is only five hours so I am going to get some time in on the treadmill before I go.  It's on to Lebanon,  Oregon and the home of Mayor Paul Aziz, who gave me the key to the city made out of lights last time I was there!!  Looking forward to seeing everybody there again!

Good night, and in the immortal words of Bartles and Jaymes, "Thank you for your support."

No comments:

Post a Comment