Saturday, December 2, 2017

December 1 Tour Stop #2: Reph's Winter Wonderland, Nazareth, PA

As I write this I am safely ensconced in my hotel room in Cleveland after having visited the A Christmas Story House.  What a blast! That visit has been a goal of mine ever since I found out about the house, and it was worth the wait.  Like being right in the movie.  Now I wish I'd brought the DVD with me so I could watch it tonight!

Last night was the fifth time I've performed in concert at Reph's Winter Wonderland in Nazareth, PA.  Jason and his family are old friends now, and I always have a wonderful time there.  But it's also always really cold!!  Still, we had a good and enthusiastic crowd with a bunch of kids who got up and sang with me, and Jason's friend (and now she's my friend as well) Becca brought a girl scout troop who danced and sang and seemed to have a lot of fun.  Even Santa Claus was there!  The family selected the Ronald McDonald house of Philadelphia as their charity because family members recently stayed there when their daughter was seriously ill.  She's okay now and was at the concert last night. I'm very grateful for the donations.  $189 was raised. Hooray!!!

Jason and his father are firefighters and I'm trying to convince them to invite me back to perform for the kids and families at the Fireman's Carnival next summer.  I'd love to come to Nazareth when it's warm out!

Thank you so much, Reph family, for another wonderful and memorable evening.  Let's do it again soon!  Lots of love to all of you!

Tonight is an off night so I drove halfway to my next destination- South Bend, Indiana, and visited the aforementioned A Christmas Story House.  Sooooooo coool!  I even learned how they got that kid's tongue to stick to the lamp post!   Below are some pictures from my visit.
Tomorrow night I'll be at the home of Gary and Bobbi Mayfield...Holiday Light Show on Edison Road ....get ready, South Bend, here I come!   https://www.facebook.com/holidaylightshowonedisonroad/?fref=ts












No comments:

Post a Comment