Saturday, November 24, 2012

Off to a Great Start!

It was a very early start this morning to get to Logan Airport for my 6:30 flight, but, thanks to United Airlines, the day of flying went off without a hitch and I arrived safely in Seattle at the expected time.  I had a snafu at the airport when I found out the car reservation I've had since August would not work because I was not allowed to take the car into California...but I went over to Alamo and got a better deal anyway, so it all worked out.  I came over to the hotel first because I was just a mess from flying all day, took a shower and got ready.  Had a giant mascara explosion on my face (don't get the Maybelline kind that is supposed to look as thick as false eyelashes) and had to wash everything off and start over..  Disaster! But at last I was ready and headed over to the house on Charlestown Street.
My host, Jim Winder, and his lovely lady friend Deb couldn't have been nicer people.  We did a mini sound test and then they took me to dinner at a great restaurant.  When we returned there was a local newspaper reporter there and also the local cable access station.  Jim did a great job getting the word out.  By 7pm when the concert started the street was just packed with people, and a lot of little kids which was great.  At times they were all dancing in the street and at other times, during the slower songs, just cuddling up.  I hope everyone had as good a time as I did.
Sometimes it is hard to know and you know I go through every detail in my mind afterwards over and over and think about what I did and how I might have done things differently.  But feedback was good, many autographs were signed, Jim seemed happy and I'm just TOO exhausted to think about it anymore.
Thank you to Jim and his family and friends for being my hosts tonight and allowing me to start off the tour with a great crowd and a wonderful time.  Now I'm hitting the pillow, hard!!  Tomorrow it's off to Lebanon, Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment