Friday, November 25, 2011

Here We Go Again!!

Merry Christmas!  I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving with people you love and that your plans for the Christmas season are going smoothly so far. It's exactly one month until Christmas, so I thought it was time to come back to The House on Christmas Street blog and begin documenting once more my quest for a Christmas hit.
Last year's tour memories have stayed with me in my heart and mind throughout the year.  I just had so much fun being on that adventure, that I've decided to do it all over again next year!  So many people have contacted me and asked me to come to their homes for concerts that I've started an "exploratory" list of people who are interested and I'll begin planning in earnest in January.  So, if you think you'd like to host me for a concert at your place during the Christmas season of 2012, shoot me an email on my website and I'll put you on the list.
During the past 11 months or so I've brainstormed and explored ideas for promoting the song, and I started thinking about maybe hiring a record promoter.  In case you don't know, a record promoter usually works for a record label, and is responsible for contacting radio stations to try to get them to play the records released by that company.  In the past several years I've heard of independent record promoters who work with people like me who are not signed to major labels, so back in May I started looking around for someone who worked with music like mine.
I did a lot of inquiring and vetting potential people, because, as you can imagine, it's not cheap to do this.  I finally settled on one outfit that came highly recommended, and who made me a very reasonable offer to promote the song during October, November and December.  So far progress is slow...they send me weekly reports of the stations they are talking to....and in the next post I'll list the stations that are considering adding the song to their playlists.
Right now I want to get back to talking about touring....because, although I had decided I would stay put this year, some things came up that managed to lure me away!  So this Sunday I am getting on a plane and flying back to the home of decorator Paul Toole in the UK to once again sing at his annual light switch on.  After we'd made the plans, Paul was approached by Channel 4 http://www.channel4.com/programmes/tags/documentaries/4od  to be a subject of a documentary on Extreme Decorating.  He was so excited he called me and told me they want my performance to be part of the program, which will be shown in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales in mid-December!!  Then I got a call from an assistant to the producer to get all the clearances and to inquire about getting some clips from Richard Holdman's wonderful video that they could use to promote my appearance. It's all unbelievable! I'm so excited...but, I'll admit, a little nervous. This could be a huge break for "The House on Christmas Street," so I don't want to blow it by looking stupid or forgetting the words or something!
When I come back from England I'll be home for a couple of days and then I'm hitting the road in my Sienna and heading for Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina for some concerts with the the folks who hosted me last year and one new host.  I'll try to write more about those plans within the next couple of days.
Right now I'm kinda tired....droopy-eyed.  We traipsed all over NYC yesterday watching the parade and hanging out with our beautiful daughter Emma.  I gotta get some rest!
Thanks for reading this!  And PLEASE keep watching the Holdman video and sharing it with your friends!!
I'm convinced that if it goes viral that will be THE key to it's success...and I need all the help I can get!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7uRl07K4H8

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! I am evener prouder that you are my sister-in-law! Have a wonderful tour this season and I'm so glad that you will be home to see Lou perform. Enjoy England.

    ReplyDelete